Friday, October 5, 2007

SUPERNATURAL SEASON THREE OPENER

The Magnificent Seven

What can I say? I enjoyed it.

The events were believable, the new and old characters worked well, and although I wasn't used to seeing a happy Dean, I understand why he would act that way.

I had my usual laughs; Dean's remark about the movie "Seven" had me snorting, despite how off-color it was...hehe And I especially loved how Sam wanted Dean's knife so he could gauge his eyes out after having walked in on Dean with the twins. ROFL

Once again, the special effects were top knotch! The dehydrated family on the couch was very impressive. Kuddos to their FX team!

WoohhOOOooo to Ruby! I am very pleased with how they've written in her character so far. Love her special blade! I can't wait to learn more about her and where she came upon that weapon. Too cool!

And Sam wanting to goto Louisianna to meet up with someone who might be able to help Dean with his curse was right on. Dean confessing the contingency to his curse--Sam will die if Dean tries to break it--made this viewer very happy. Great job, Eric.

I was relieved to see they're keeping them all in character. I get so worried they may slip. Although, I sure hope Dean snaps out of his happy soon, and gets back to his edge. I love him edgy.

How about you? What are your thoughts? Did you like the episode? If so, why? If not, why? I'd love to know.

K...I read on one of the Supernatural sites about next week's episode. I will NOT miss that one. I'm already chomping at the bit!

Have a great weekend, and thanks for reading.

Donna Michaels

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, too, LOVE Supernatural. (I loved Buffy, too.) For a lot of reasons. It's well written is one. Characters are great and believable. And I've always been fascinated with the end days and the fight with demons vs mankind (or demons vs angels and mankind). I'm especially interested in this show because I'm basically a horror writer. They stole my idea! I have a book I wrote two years ago called BEFORE THE RAPTURE being considered by Samhain about this woman psychic (and her musician brother she sings with) who discovers she's one of God's Soldiers, along with many others she picks up along the way, fated to be left behind after the Rapture to fight for , save and protect those people who might still be saved. I have demons and angels and mankind all pitted against each other. So...I love Supernatural or any TV show that depicts that great fight of good against evil. Kathryn Meyer Griffith of The Wild Rose Press

Donna Michaels said...

That sounds wonderful, Kathryn!

I like the good vs evil theme's too. Especially, well written ones like Supernatural.

I believe they're meeting the second girl this week...who isn't of this earth either...I think.

Should be interesting.