Monday, December 10, 2012

Cat in a Tree

Well, it's that time of year when, once again, we debate when to put up our Christmas tree. Normally, it would go up the weekend after Thanksgiving, but when the kittens were added to our household two years ago, we amended the time-table. Picking up and fixing the tree several times a week became old, real fast. lol

Now, Willow and Heero are 2 1/2 years old, and although Heero can jump on top of the fridge, he isn't our concern. Nope. It's Willow. She loves the tree! Heero doesn't like the pickiness of the fake needles, but Willow doesn't care what-so-ever. So, we joking said we were going to take bets on how long it would be before she climbed. 

We all lost.

There she is, happy as can be perched at the top. 

We didn't even finish fixing the branches, let alone get the lights on, and up she went...from the back side, the smart little bugger...I couldn't reach her. lol I don't think she cares for the pickiness of the branches either, because she only stays there about a minute, looking down on the other cats as if the say:

 "Ha! I win!"

And she's right, she does. 

I don't have a problem with her in the tree as long as she doesn't knock it over. We only have plastic ornaments and non-breakables as decorations. (Learned the hard way about the glass ones when the kids were very young.) Of course, this morning the beautiful purple bird my son's girlfriend gave me can no longer clip to the tree, thanks to Willow. Yep, found the poor bird on the floor this morning-minus the clip. 

Sorry, Ally...but since you're the one who gave Willow to Zach, I'm sure you'll be okay with her playfullness. :-)

The bird is still pretty much in one piece, so I placed it back on the tree. Yeah, I know. I'm inviting disaster, but I couldn't help myself. I can't resist that face! And I love a playful animal!

I shall keep you all apprised as to how long the tree remains upright.

Anyone want to venture a guess?

Have a great week,

~Donna


No comments: